Grand Challenges Grants Program Resources
May 11, 2022
Dear Campus Community,
On April 21, the University of Maryland announced the launch of the Grand Challenges Grants Program, the largest and most comprehensive program of its kind ever introduced at our university. Up to $30 million in institutional investments will be available to fund programs, initiatives and projects designed to impact enduring and emerging societal issues. The Grand Challenges Grants program is a key initiative of the University of Maryland's strategic plan, Fearlessly Forward: In Pursuit of Excellence and Impact for the Public Good.
We would like to direct your attention to the following resources available to assist you with the application process:
- Video Recording and Slides from the April 26 Information Session:
- A Video Recording of the April 26 Information Session is available for viewing. Please note that access requires UMD sign-in and authentication.
- Presentation Slides from the April 26 Information Session are also available in PDF format.
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Register to Attend an Accelerator Workshop:
- You can register to attend one of the following optional virtual Accelerator Workshops using the links below (the presentation content for the three sessions will be identical):
- Weekly Office Hours:
- Recurring Office Hours will be held virtually on Friday afternoons between 1:00-2:00 pm:
- Information on key dates and deadlines can be found here.
Please share this information with colleagues.
Jennifer King Rice
Senior Vice President and Provost
Gregory F. Ball
Vice President for Research