Search for Dean of the College of Arts and Humanities
I am pleased to announce that I have appointed a search committee and launched an aggressive national search to find an outstanding individual to fill the position of Dean of the College of Arts and Humanities. Gregory Ball, Dean of the School of Behavioral and Social Sciences, will chair the committee, assisted by the international executive search firm Witt Kieffer. The complete list of committee members is provided below.
We will need a concerted effort that engages the entire community, working with members of the search committee, to identify a dean who can build on the strengths and momentum of the college.
The dean must be committed to providing strong and visionary leadership for the College; supporting an environment of diversity and inclusive excellence in teaching and learning; promoting a culture of impactful research, scholarship, and creative activities; encouraging interdisciplinary collaboration and partnerships; fostering mission-driven engagement among the College’s students, faculty, staff, alumni, and potential funders; and managing resources to effectively advance the mission of the College. We seek excellent and diverse candidates who can leverage our considerable academic strengths as a major research university, the unique advantages offered by our location, and our overriding commitment to inclusive excellence in all that we do. The new dean should be prepared to serve on the University’s academic leadership team and engage with diverse stakeholder groups to build support for the arts and humanities.
You can assist in the search process by using your personal contacts and networks to identify outstanding candidates for this position and to make the opportunity widely known. Please forward to any committee member the names of individuals you believe would be excellent candidates. We appreciate your assistance and support in this important effort.
The position description and further details regarding the appointment of a dean will follow.
2022 College of Arts and Humanities Dean Search with Witt Kieffer
- Gregory F. Ball | Chair, Dean, Behavioral and Social Sciences
- John Bertot | Associate Provost, Faculty Affairs
- Elsa Barkley Brown | Associate Professor, History
- Robert Chiles | Senior Lecturer, History
- Bill Idsardi | Professor and Chair, Linguistics
- Psyche Williams-Forson | Professor and Chair, American Studies
- Ashley Manning Foxworth | External Constituent, ARHU Dean’s Cabinet
- Gregory Miller | Professor and Director, School of Music
- Trevor Munoz | Librarian III and Director of MITH
- Renee Nyack | Program Mgmt Spec, School of Theatre
- Marisa Parham | Professor, English
- Mehdy Sedaghat Payam | PhD Candidate, English
- Erica Bondarev Rapach | Acting Executive Director, The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center
- Marybeth Shea | Principal Lecturer, English
- Saul Sosnowski | Professor, SLLC
- Patrick Warfield | Associate Dean, ARHU and Professor of Music
- Julie Wright | Assistant Dean, ARHU
- Daisy Yu | Undergraduate student
- Matthias Zwicker | Professor and Director, CMNS
- Lynn Mullineaux | Provost office, staff to the committee
Applications, nominations, and inquiries can be submitted to: MarylandARHUDean@wittkieffer.com